Womens Day T-Shirt Design Competition
Calling all designers, artists, students and creatives to enter the Differently Women’s Month t-shirt print competition. How would you like to win R1000 and have your design printed on a T-shirt and sold nationwide? We are giving one of you the opportunity to have your design printed on our t-shirts and sold on the Differently website.
See entry details below
"South Africa commemorates Women’s Month in August as a tribute to the more than 20 000 women who marched to the Union Buildings on 9 August 1956 in protest against the extension of Pass Laws to women. The Government of South Africa declared August women’s month and 9 August is celebrated annually as Women’s Day." - South African Government
Create a graphic design to portray the empowerment, strength, beauty and diversity of South African Women in a modern or traditional sense. From minimal to retro, typography to stylisation, we welcome any style that can convey a powerful message.
Submit Your design via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All artwork must be original. No knock offs
- Artwork file format can be either .eps for vector designs or .jpg, .png, or .bmp for pixel designs
- Maximum of 2 colours, black also counts as a colour. Artwork will be screen printed onto white fabric
- Differently will shortlist 4 designs that will then be voted on by the public
- Design with the highest number of votes will be the winner
- Submissions will close on Sunday 19 July 2020 at 13:00pm
- Voting will close on Saturday 25 July 2020 at 19:00pm
- Winner will be announced on Sunday 26 July 2020
- The Winner will have their name and artwork printed on a T-shirt and sold on the Differently website.
- Winner will receive a T-shirt for themselves and a friend.
- Winner will receive a cash prize of R1000.
- Winner will be featured on the Differently blog and social media channels
Terms and conditions
Who may enter
Contest is open to individuals that are residing in South Africa and are over the age of 18.
By entering the competition, you agree to be bound by the below terms and conditions.
How to enter and selection of winners
- The competition will start on 03 July 2020 and entries close on 19 July 2020 at 13:00. No entries will be accepted after the cut off time.
- Voting will be open to the public on the 20 July 2020 to Saturday 25 July 2020 19:00.
- Winner will be announced on Sunday 26 July 2020.
- To enter the competition, you must send a t-shirt design that fits the brief together with your full name and address, to email@example.com
- Each submitted design must follow these specifications to qualify:
- File format can be either .eps for vector designs or .jpg, .png, or .bmp for pixel designs.
- The design must be original. Use of copyrighted material is strictly forbidden.
- Creator will not receive any profits or royalties from merchandise sold. Creator will retain ownership of its rights to design, prize acts as payment for license of use. The creator grants Differently an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty free, fully paid up, worldwide, non-exclusive license to use, review, reproduce, display, distribute, sell, make derivative works of, promote, market and otherwise utilize the design in all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised.
Notification of winners
The winner will be notified via Instagram and email.
Use of entries information
Differently may use the content of all entries and entrants’ name, likeness, and any other submitted personal information without any review, approval, notification or permission from the entrants for advertising and promotional purposes.